Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Perfect Patio al Fresco Style For Spring

When you move to a new house, you can start from scratch to build your perfect patio.

That’s what Brittany Chinaglia of brittanyMakes did for her brother and sister-in-law. Brittany set up a gorgerous and comfortable patio for relaxing or entertaining. Here, she shows you how she pulled together all the elements of this perfect patio, and even how she managed to use the color red in the outdoor decor.

Perfect Patio al Fresco Style for Spring

My brother and his wife just purchased their first home together, which is a monumental and celebratory milestone if you’re living here in California! My brother loves to host backyard BBQs with family and friends, but his new backyard was feeling a little drab and uninviting, which was bumming us all out. Since I’m pretty much a backyard makeover superhero (it’s a real thing!) I teamed up with The Home Depot to give my brother and sister-in-law a new and inviting perfect patio as their housewarming gift!

As a family, we love to eat and hang out al fresco together, especially during the warm months! An outdoor dining set was definitely in order. The Hampton Bay Oak Cliff 7-Piece Dining Set with Chili cushions was the perfect option for a comfortable and inviting outdoor dining situation. I love how the traditional curves of the arms and back meet a more modern tapered leg.

We shopped our local Home Depot store for more accessories and found perhaps the most amazing outdoor rug ever! The Agave Natural 7 ft. 8 in. x 10  ft. Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug is absolutely perfect. The natural color pairs perfectly with every color palette, and the texture and pattern adds just the right amount of visual interest.

Perhaps the purchase my brother was most excited about was the resin wicker cooler. It holds so much! The cooler at the top is huge, we bought 50 lbs. of ice and barely filled it half way. I love that the lid is two parts so you don’t have to clear the entire surface to grab a drink. The bottom of the cooler is a shelf with a ton of space to store extra stuff!

Here we used galvanized stacking trays to corral extra bottles of water and soda.

We grabbed an umbrella because if it’s a sunny day it’s a hot day where we live, and umbrellas during the summer are a must. I love that the stripe on this umbrella pairs perfectly with the chili cushions of the patio set!

All patios in my opinion need string lights, heavy duty ones to be exact. We picked up two boxes of Hampton Bay 48 ft. 24-Socket Incandescent String Lights and strung them from the house and out to the tallest tree, then back to the house, creating a perfect V over the patio. Outdoor string lights have come a long way since my first patio makeover. These guys are heavy duty and can be left outside through all seasons without worry.

I was most excited about stumbling on the Southern Patio Monroe large planter which I found in the outdoor section at The Home Depot. The color and scale are PERFECT. I love me a giant white pot! We filled this guy with a bacon avocado tree, and the small white planter with a lime tree.

We also picked up a variety of copper lanterns and filled them with resin candles which you can control with a remote! Lanterns are great for ambient lighting, and the resin option is super safe so you don’t have an open flame when you’re outdoors.

I know a lot of folks who are doubtful about decorating with red, and I must admit myself, you’ll never hear me say “red is my color!” Most likely the only red you’d find in my home is my son’s Spider-Man pajamas. However, I must assure you when it comes to outdoor decor red just makes sense. My brother and sister-in-law were drawn to the red in this patio set because it’s darker and more earthy than a true red, and if you’re outdoors all earth tones work together because, hello, you’re in nature! I’m really happy with how this patio makeover turned out, and the best part, my brother and sister-in-law love it too!

Brittany describes herself as “a fierce accountant by day, and a zealous DIYer by night.” She lives with her husband in the San Francisco Bay Area. She shares tutorials and writes about decorating, cooking and lifestyle on her blog brittanyMakes.

Follow our Patio Style Challenge board on Pinterest for more patio decorating ideas and inspiration.

Browse The Home Depot’s online Patio Furniture section for patio sets to fit any style or budget.

The post Perfect Patio al Fresco Style For Spring appeared first on The Home Depot Blog.



from Roofing Pro http://ift.tt/2oaFzBC

Curated by a professional Roofing Contractor

No comments:

Post a Comment