Saturday, November 12, 2016

Mid-Century Modern Basement Makeover

Mid-Century Modern Basement Makeover

Jennifer Stagg of withHEART relied on Home Decorators Collection for the main pieces in her gorgeous basement makeover.

The mid-century vibe is totally irresistible, and as it turns out, fairly easy to achieve.

Everyone wants that space in their home they can just hang out in. An area that feels relaxed, yet functional; beautiful yet easy-feeling. I wanted our basement to serve primarily for this purpose—a comfortable entertaining space that not only could host friends but also pre-schoolers for a playdate. Our home gets lived in—every inch of it. It’s important to me to have the right balance of pretty and approachable so everyone feels like they can kick back and feel at home.

I was thrilled when Home Decorators Collection and The Home Depot reached out to me to participate in this collaboration. I knew I had the perfect spot to tackle: a sort of awkward space in between our second kitchen/bar area, and our family room. It’s a little oddly shaped, and needed some major sprucing up. After we renovated our 1970 mid-century rambler last year, this space had a fresh coat of paint and some new carpet, but not much else.

A cluttered basement badly in need of a makeover

It had been serving as a toy collection (read: toy mess that our kids constantly turned into the aftermath of a tornado), which pretty much drove me crazy. We have a playroom, so I wanted those toys outta there! My vision was to turn this dysfunctional area into a dining space.

Here’s how my basement makeover all came together.

Mid-Century Modern Basement Makeover

Mid-Century Modern Basement Makeover

As I looked through dining tables and sideboards on The Home Depot’s website, I started by selecting the Conrad dining table and Conrad sideboard for storage. They are the perfect combination of modern and classic.

And can we just talk about the color? I love the wood tone so much! Not too warm, or too grey—it’s just right. The chairs had to be comfortable as well as pretty and I chose the Becca leather back dining chairs. They upholstered on the front and have leather on the back. I think leather warms up any space and in a basement, it was a great choice to round out the room.

Mid-Century Modern Basement Makeover

The space has a lot of deep grey and white, so I wanted a bold rug to add some color. If the rest of a room is fairly neutral in color palette, a rug is a great way to add a pop of color without making it feel like you’ve gone overboard. I’ve been really into the Southwestern prints lately and the Aztec rug was a fun addition.

Mid-Century Modern Basement Makeover

For easy drink display, the Eliza bar cart fits perfectly in the space. I love a bar cart not just for entertaining, but for added style opportunities as a place to show off photos, vases, books, or figurines.

Mid-Century Modern Basement Makeover

Mid-Century Modern Basement Makeover

Above the sideboard, I added a gallery wall with family photos and a few personal touches. On top, I used the Morph glass vase and the Explorer Desk Telescope. The table has the Teakwood Long Bowl filled with apples.

Mid-Century Modern Basement Makeover

Mid-Century Modern Basement Makeover

Maybe my favorite décor touch is the Pluto Wall Clock, hanging in the kitchen area. You guys, it’s so good! Feels like a perfect mid-century touch in our very mid-century home.

Pluto Wall Clock from The Home Depot's Home Decorators Collection

Mid-Century Modern Basement Makeover

Mid-Century Modern Basement Makeover

This space is now complete and ready to entertain for the holidays! I can’t wait to show off my basement makeover to our family and friends.

Mid-Century Modern Basement Makeover

Browse The Home Depot’s Home Decorators Collection, where you can complete your room decor with value and style. You’ll find furnitureblinds and window treatments, flooring and more.

Follow our Home Decorators Collection board on Pinterest for more decor items and inspiration.

The post Mid-Century Modern Basement Makeover appeared first on The Home Depot Blog.



from Roofing Pro http://ift.tt/2g3xWMS

Curated by a professional Roofing Contractor

No comments:

Post a Comment