Monday, April 24, 2017

Backyard Dining Space Decor in Gray and Red

This backyard dining space is so elegant with it’s sophisticated gray color scheme with bits of red. It’s also a comfortable spot for enjoying the view from this country home.

The styling is by Niña Williams, who writes the blog Niña and Cecilia with her twin sister. The country charm is apparent rom the garden string lights to the outdoor dining set, down to the outdoor rug on this backyard deck.

Backyard Dining Space for a Country Home

I have a blog that I share with my twin sister Cecilia. Just because we look alike doesn’t mean we have similar tastes, though. I have a country coastal farmhouse style, and she has a modern eclectic style. We wanted to show you how you can entertain in your backyard deck/patio space with two different styles! We decorated and styled the same dining set, the Hampton Bay Lemon Grove 7 piece set, in both of our homes. Here, I’ll give you a glimpse of my country living dinner party. In another post on The Home Depot Blog, you will see how my sister styled a modern eclectic family friendly outdoor get together.

The Outdoor Dining Set

I completely fell in love with the Hampton Bay Lemon Grove 7 piece set! Wicker and rattan furniture is a small obsession for me. All-weather wicker can give your backyard dining space a true “country” feel.

I selected the Grey colored slipcovers for the dining set. I wanted my furniture to be neutral, so I can decorate my backyard deck with pops of color as needed.

Another neutral piece I added to my backyard deck was this Safavieh light gray rug. The seat cushions and rug went so well together!

Red Accents

I started off with main neutral pieces like the furniture, seat cushions, and rug, and from there, accessorized with red accents.

I must confess that I don’t normally decorate with red. But when I received the Hampton Bay chili ceramic lanterns from The Home Depot, so many ideas were running through my mind.

Red is definitely the perfect accent color for a backyard dining space since it’s so bright and fun!

I love how the red accents just brought everything together.

The Hampton Bay Sand Geo outdoor pouf is so versatile. You can use it for extra seating, put your feet on it to relax, or set stuff on it by using it as a table.

For my backyard deck, I used the pouf as a table to set my Hampton Bay galvanized metal tray filled with drinks.

Who wants some strawberry lemonade?!

The Tablescape

It’s all about the details, especially when putting together the tablescape. The colors of the salad plates brought all the colors on that table together.

The Cecelia copper flatware set was a great elegant touch to the table setting.

Warmth on Chilly Nights

Later in the night, it starts getting colder outside, so I have the Mack light gray throw ready for anyone who needs it.

My favorite way to keep warm though is the propane patio heater. No one will complain about being cold when this is on!

Painted Window Boxes

I’ve always wanted to hang window boxes to our railings, and I’m so glad it finally happened! Window boxes just made this space more comfortable and inviting.

We bought the Pennington wood window box, and then painted it white. As much as I love wood tones, I went with white because I wanted it to blend with our railings.

The gorgeous flowers are from The Home Depot’s Garden Center, too.

The Patio Umbrella

We get a lot of sun on this side of the house, so the Hampton Bay striped umbrella was a must have for some shade.

You can even see how the striped umbrella has a touch of red in it to continue our red accents.

The Garden String Lights

An outdoor space is not complete without some Hampton Bay garden string lights. It gives my backyard deck enough light to enjoy the company of friends and family all night.

We didn’t have poles to hang the lights, so my husband used 1 x 1 plastic mouldings from The Home Depot and attached it to our railings with cable ties.

A Backyard Deck to Love

Hope you all enjoy this post and inspire you to decorate and provide a space for your own dinner party with friends and family outside on your backyard deck!

Niña is a lifestyle blogger from Iowa. She works with her twin sister Cecilia to produce Niña and Cecilia, a blog where they love sharing their everyday lives, home inspiration, and tutorials.

Follow our Patio Style Challenge board on Pinterest for more patio decorating ideas and inspiration. And check out this gorgeous low maintenance backyard makeover on The Home Depot’s YouTube channel.

Browse The Home Depot’s online Patio Furniture section for patio sets to fit any style or budget.

The post Backyard Dining Space Decor in Gray and Red appeared first on The Home Depot Blog.



from Roofing Pro http://ift.tt/2oFb8n5

Curated by a professional Roofing Contractor

No comments:

Post a Comment