Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Modern, Eclectic Patio That is Perfect for Entertaining

Cecilia Moyer writes the blog Nina and Cecilia with her twin sister. As you will soon find out, unlike her sister, Cecilia favors modern, eclectic decor. It’s no wonder, then, that she created a modern, eclectic patio for our Patio Style Challenge series.

A Modern, Eclectic Patio for Entertaining

I have a blog that I share with my twin sister, Niña, but just because we look alike doesn’t mean we have similar tastes. I have a modern, eclectic style, and she has a coastal farmhouse style. We wanted to show you how you can entertain in your backyard patio space with two different styles! We decorated and styled the same dining set, the Hampton Bay Lemon Grove 7 piece set, in both of our homes. If you all haven’t seen Niña’s country living dinner party from yesterday, please go check it out! Here, I give you a glimpse of some backyard patio ideas and my vision of an outdoor family breakfast on a modern, eclectic patio.

My husband and I moved into our home about two years ago. We call it our “builder grade to modern home.” We’ve done numerous updates to it inside, but this was our first big outdoor backyard project. I was excited to have an extra patio area in the backyard since the area in our deck is a pretty small space for our family of six.

Expanding the Patio Space

The first step in expanding our patio area was removing the sod to make a place for paver stones.

I am so thankful that my husband and father-in-law were able to help with this project! Once they were done with that, they laid patio pavers.

I decided to go with Pavestone 16 x1 6 Concrete Step Stone in Pewter. We used 90 stones total.

DIY Outdoor Rug

To keep budget down for our backyard patio area, I decided to do a DIY outdoor rug using a canvas drop cloth. I used painter’s tape to outline the linear design for the rug.

I love how the DIY modern outdoor rug turned out!!

Patio Extras

I couldn’t wait to use the Hampton Bay Ceramic Lanterns in the color Chalk. It has the geometric design that was perfect for my backyard patio space. I put two 6½-in. and two 8½-in. ceramic lanterns down the steps leading to the patio area.

I wanted some areas where the kids could hang out. My kids love teepees and tents so I put in a space for them to “hide” with their stuffed animals. Another fun idea for the kids was a tic-tac-toe spot to keep them busy until it’s time to eat!

I placed the tic-tac-toe game on top of the Hampton Bay Metallic Diamond Outdoor Pouf. This outdoor pouf is so versatile. It has a handle, which makes it easy to carry. You can use it as a place to sit, set your feet on it as an ottoman, or in this instance use it as a table!

I was so excited to incorporate the Hampton Bay Lemon Grove 7 piece Dining Set including the Hampton Bay Patio Umbrella in Cafe in my outdoor space.

The Patio Furniture

Niña has wicker furniture throughout her home, but this was my first wicker furniture to own! I was pretty excited when I received it. Oh my, it’s even more gorgeous in person!

The cushion comes in the color Surplus, but I wanted something more neutral to incorporate the color scheme I had in mind.

The cushion cover color I chose was Saddle, which works perfect with the copper tones I incorporated in the backyard patio space including the Cecelia Copper Flatware Set, Hampton Bay Maison Fire Pit for chilly nights and the Hampton Bay Copper Beverage Cart to hold drinks for active kids.

The Tablescape with Succulents

My favorite part of styling this modern, eclectic patio area is the tablescape!

I went to The Home Depot and grabbed some beautiful succulents and cactus plants as my centerpieces.

Aren’t they beautiful?!

I can’t wait to invite some people over and enjoy breakfast outside in this inviting backyard patio space for all ages. I hope this post inspires you to provide a fun backyard patio space for your family and guests!

Cecilia is a lifestyle blogger from Iowa. She works with her twin sister Niña to produce Niña and Cecilia, a blog where they love sharing their everyday lives, home inspiration, and tutorials.

Follow our Patio Style Challenge board on Pinterest for more patio decorating ideas and inspiration. And check out this gorgeous low maintenance backyard makeover on The Home Depot’s YouTube channel.

Browse The Home Depot’s online Patio Furniture section for patio sets to fit any style or budget.

The post Modern, Eclectic Patio That is Perfect for Entertaining appeared first on The Home Depot Blog.



from Roofing Pro http://ift.tt/2pits8M

Curated by a professional Roofing Contractor

No comments:

Post a Comment