Monday, December 5, 2016

Frosty, Metallic Holiday Decor and DIY Copper Pipe Chandelier

Metallic Holiday Decor

A gorgeous DIY copper pipe chandelier adds extra sparkle to this metallic holiday decor styled by Shannon Ingle of Coffee Paint Repeat.

This is Shannon’s contribution to our Holiday Style Challenge series here on The Home Depot Blog. We sent her several boxes of Home Depot Christmas decorations, and let Shannon work her holiday magic.

We have her simple tutorial for the DIY chandelier, and her tips for spray-painting Christmas ornaments, along with plenty of inspiring photos of her gorgeous metallic holiday decor.

Metallic Holiday Decor

Christmas is my absolute favorite! I love the magic of the lights, decorations and it’s the one time of year that all of my family is home together. I couldn’t imagine it being more exciting, but when those boxes from The Home Depot Holiday Style Challenge showed up at my door, I couldn’t wait to get started!

Metallic Holiday Decor

I opened the boxes to find the most beautiful flocked tree and a huge assortment of silver decorations and white lights!

The silver and white theme fit me perfectly but I am in love with everything copper right now so I came up with the idea of a mixed metal winter wonderland! My mind started spinning with the possibilities for a DIY project using some of the décor, and almost instantly I knew I wanted to create a fun chandelier for my dining space.

DIY Metallic Beaded Chandelier

Materials


The amount of beaded garland and copper pipe you’ll need will vary depending on how large you want the chandelier to be. I built this one to measure 4 ft. long on each side, and 1 ft. on each end to fit the size of the table underneath.

DIY Copper Pipe Chandelier

The first thing I did was cut the pipe with a Husky quick release tube cutter.

DIY Copper Pipe Chandelier

DIY Copper Pipe Chandelier

Once I had the four pieces cut to the lengths I needed, I simply added the elbow pieces and crimped them with a wrench at each side to make a tight fit.

Mark the measurements of the pipe corners onto the ceiling and that is where you place the hooks. Tie the invisible nylon cord on each corner of the pipe structure and hang it from the hooks. SO easy! Now you are going to start attaching the strands of beads.

DIY Copper Pipe Chandelier

DIY Copper Pipe Chandelier

I cut the bead garland into 2 ft. sections. I then tied a piece of the invisible cord to one end of the strand and then tied it onto the pipe with the same piece of cord.

DIY Copper Pipe Chandelier

Repeat this step until you are happy with the amount of beads. I have approximately 30 strands on each side and 15 on the ends.

When you have all the strands tied in place go back and trim all the ends of the invisible cord so everything is nice and neat!

Metallic Holiday Decor and DIY Copper Pipe Chandelier

I wanted to keep mine simple but you could add any ornaments you like or even some fairy lights to make it sparkle a bit more!

Metallic Holiday Decor and DIY Copper Pipe Chandelier

Under the chandelier I have three of the Home Accents 24 in. table top trees. I used a can of the Santa Snow to flock them all.

Metallic Holiday Decor

Metallic Holiday Decor

I also wrapped two large antlers with copper wire from the welding dept.

Frosty, Metallic Holiday Decor

The dining space was finished off with swags that I also flocked using a can of Santa Snow. I think I may have sprayed it on almost everything this year! The wreaths, swags and garland have all been flocked using it.

Now that the dining room was done I moved on to the living room! I couldn’t wait to put up the new tree! It is a 7½ ft Liberty Pine with clear lights. It’s perfect because it has a diameter of 43 in. and doesn’t take up too much space in my smaller home.

Frosty, Metallic Holiday Decor

I purchased an extra pack of Home Accents silver balls and a can of Rust-Oleum metallic copper spray paint to create the mixed metal look on this tree as well.

Frosty, Metallic Holiday Decor

I made a spray station with some of the extra welding wire and a cardboard box. It’s a great way for the ornaments to dry without them rolling around.

Frosty, Metallic Holiday Decor
Frosty, Metallic Holiday Decor

Frosty, Metallic Holiday Decor

The tree is fully decorated with Home Accents Silver shatterproof ornaments, glittered snowflakes and icicles.

Frosty, Metallic Holiday Decor

Frosty, Metallic Holiday Decor

Even though my fireplace burns natural gas, I grabbed a couple packs of fireplace wood to stack in a large open table. It gives an extra feeling of coziness in the room.

Frosty, Metallic Holiday Decor

I’m normally very neutral when it comes to my home décor. The soft color palette of all these decorations together really speaks my language! Even our dog Sparkle blends right in!

I added the leftover bead garland to a glass vase and filled a silver bowl full of the Home Accent bells.

Frosty, Metallic Holiday Decor

The baskets on top of the hutch hold presents wrapped in brown paper from the paint dept. and white LED light spheres. I love the way they look like giant snowballs even when they aren’t lit.

Frosty, Metallic Holiday Decor

Frosty, Metallic Holiday Decor

The rest of the light spheres are on the mantel with flocked garland and candles.

Expressions Glitter Tape

I also found some fun Scotch tape to use on gifts. It’s a glitter tape in gold and silver.

Frosty, Metallic Holiday Decor

I alternated the two on the front of the brown paper to make a plaid pattern. It’s so pretty when the gifts reflect the light of the tree!

Frosty, Metallic Holiday Decor

I really hope you enjoyed this little Christmas tour of mine! I had such a blast working with The Home Depot for The Holiday Style Challenge this year! Opening those surprise boxes a few weeks ago really pushed me to be creative… and think….outside of the box I guess!

Frosty, Metallic Holiday Decor

I’m thrilled with the way everything came out and am ready for the holidays! I want to thank you for visiting and wish you all a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Browse The Home Depot’s Christmas Decorations Department for everything you need to brighten up your home for the holidays.

Follow our Holiday Style Challenge board on Pinterest for more holiday inspiration and ideas from some of the best design bloggers on the internet.

The post Frosty, Metallic Holiday Decor and DIY Copper Pipe Chandelier appeared first on The Home Depot Blog.



from Roofing Pro http://ift.tt/2g3sTYh

Curated by a professional Roofing Contractor

No comments:

Post a Comment