Thursday, December 1, 2016

Winter Wonderland Christmas Dining Room Decor

Christmas Dining Room Decor

A winter wonderland was the inspiration for this Christmas dining room decor styled by Chloe Mackintosh of Boxwood Avenue.

It’s her contribution to our annual Holiday Style Challenge series here on The Home Depot Blog. We sent her some Home Depot Christmas decorations and challenged Chloe to create a holiday look that she could share with the world.

Take a look at Chloe’s Christmas dining room decor to inspire your own holiday trimmings.

White Winter Wonderland Dining Room Decor

This is the second Christmas we will spend in our home, and this year I really want to create a white, winter dining room decor that incorporated lots of greenery and nature.

I used a bit of silk ribbon to hang the Home Depot artificial wreath I received from my ceiling, using a simple hook screwed into the ceiling to hold it. I foraged a few pine trees for pinecones and real pine needle cuttings, which I added to the wreath. This gave it a variation of texture and added the feeling of a real wreath. The different colors of the real and the faux really popped, and I think I will continue to do this for years to come!

Christmas Dining Room Decor

I also added old mercury glass ornaments to the hanging wreath, which glistened above the candlelight.

Christmas Dining Room Decor

Sticking with the white Christmas theme, I used vintage French linen napkins and a tablecloth along with a set of white china and silver cutlery I inherited from my husband’s grandmother. Rather than reaching for napkin rings, I simply cut a strand of silk ribbon and loosely tied the flatware sets together.

Christmas Dining Room Decor

Christmas Dining Room Decor

Christmas Dining Room Decor

I love using our piano as a display area; I often switch the decor around according to the season. When I saw the Martha Stewart Living Lanterns, I knew I wanted to create the feeling of a village on the piano. I placed two brass deer – which were actually the toppers of my wedding cake and have a very special meaning to me – atop the piano. I then added more pinecones, foraged pine cuttings, and heaps of candles.

Christmas Dining Room Decor

Christmas Dining Room Decor

The two wooden sled table ornaments completed the look with wishes of Christmas cheer.

Christmas Dining Room Decor

Christmas Dining Room Decor

Christmas Dining Room Decor

The candles combined with the string lights and Home Depot pre-lit garland adds so much warmth to the room. I used  second strand of garland to adorn the tops of the large frames that sit above the piano. Small nails hold the garland in place, and allow it to drape down the sides of the photographs. Using garland as a frame was something I hadn’t done before, but it really highlights the tiny village below it.

Christmas Dining Room Decor

Our dining room was easily transformed into a white winter wonderland for very little money. Using vintage pieces combined with classic Home Depot holiday decor made for a simple and elegant space. Although it was my first time hanging a wreath over our table, I love the way it turned out, and I just might have to make a tradition of it. For more holiday decorating and easy DIY gift ideas, be sure to visit me at Boxwood Avenue.

Chloe Mackintosh lives on a 160,000 acre cattle ranch in northern California with her husband and cows, sheep, chickens, kittens, horses, and one adorable dog. Read her ideas for DIY, decorating and entertaining on her blog, Boxwood Avenue.

Browse The Home Depot’s Christmas Decorations Department for everything you need to brighten up your home for the holidays.

Follow our Holiday Style Challenge board on Pinterest for more holiday inspiration and ideas from some of the best design bloggers on the internet.

The post Winter Wonderland Christmas Dining Room Decor appeared first on The Home Depot Blog.



from Roofing Pro http://ift.tt/2gycoVg

Curated by a professional Roofing Contractor

No comments:

Post a Comment